nafex - [NAFEX] Chemical Sucker Control

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Chemical Sucker Control
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:59:04 -0400

Hello All,

Quite a while back I asked about chemical sucker control. Today the company
which sells it, sent
me their web page address;

http://www.montereylawngarden.com/info/sucker_stopper.html

It is a tad pricey at $32 for 22 liquid ounces. I also do not like the fact
that it is a spray
mist, which is difficult to control. It would make more sense to me if it
came in a "bingo
dauber" style applicator, that could be dabbed on pruning cuts (liquid shoe
polish also uses the
kind of dauber I am referring to).

I will stick to manual pruning in the early spring, and late summer.
However, this product may
have other uses that may interest some of the members.

Later,
Tom