nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:48:59 -0400

My husband's uncle has rhubarb in poor soil with less than full sun and abundant deer. So abundant that they sometimes eat !really!), and often trample, the rhubarb. Nonetheless, it keeps coming back, and we harvest some very nice stalks every year. They may not be as large and tender as Lon's, but they make fine pies, and uncle Davis sometimes harvests a bunch and makes juice.

Ginda