nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:48:54 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines
Ed is right, in one sense.  I had rhubarb that came back year after year in one place I lived, but I was amazed at how much bigger, juicier, and more productive it was when I loaded on the compost and rotted manure (or fish pellets).  Guess it depends on how much rhubarb you can eat.
-Lon
Oregon, where the lilacs are starting to bloom, the crab apples and the Gravensteins are blossoming, and it's a very soggy spring which we need to insure good electricity supplies.