nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Micropropagation (was cats)

  • From: joyce james <country_joyce@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Micropropagation (was cats)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:27:42 -0800 (PST)

> Also - bear in mind that places like USDA germplam
> repositories ar
> Corvallis and such have many of their cultivars in
> tissue culture and
> will happily send out subculture. This spring I
> might avail myself of
> some of their blueberries, and get this - they're
> free!

I get the idea these are only for research purposes.
Can anyone order from them?

Joyce

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:40:22 -0500
From: Mauch1@aol.com
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [NAFEX] Micropropagation (was cats)

Joyce,

I've ordered two things from them, (am waiting for the 2nd sometime this
summer). Anyone can order, but if you're not
a researcher, I believe they can refuse you. I've also heard that different
facilities have different attitudes towards non-researchers(I have not
experienced this myself). I generally only use them as a resource of last
resort. If something I'm looking for is not available from any other source,
I'll try to get it through them. Otherwise I get it through the nursery
trade. You can also make your request sound somewhat "research oriented".

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline

>> Also - bear in mind that places like USDA germplam
>> repositories ar
>> Corvallis and such have many of their cultivars in
>> tissue culture and
>> will happily send out subculture. This spring I
>> might avail myself of
>> some of their blueberries, and get this - they're
>> free!
>>

>I get the idea these are only for research purposes.
>Can anyone order from them?

>Joyce

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6