nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A rewarding little fruit...

  • From: Keith Benson <kgbenson@mindspring.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A rewarding little fruit...
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:05:21 -0500

Some figures that were bandied about in my Human/animal interaction classes in veterinary school. Bear in mind that this is average for NA, and does not reflect differences in rural vs. city cats (and one would expect there to be some). I know plenty of out door cats that live past 2, but I also have seen zillions of clients who brought in a new kitten to replace the one that was "stolen" from their yard. (no one steals cats)

It is mainly a traffic issue, but there are a number of viral diseases that play a role as well.

Keith

Bruce Hansen wrote:

I have seven outdoor cats. They are all way over two years old. They live in
the hay in the barn in the winter. They burrow holes in the hay and live,
quite cosizly,in dens. I feed and water them. Keith, where did you get your
data?