nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A rewarding little fruit...

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A rewarding little fruit...
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:05:33 -0500

Hi,

Now if I just just teach the cats to sleep around ripening fruit. (smile)

With west nile virus running around, I do not know why people are attracting birds anyway.  Less birds, less birds for mosquitos to bite and then bite you.

I know I will see a flurry of WNV is not that dangerous, and for heatly people that is true.  But then the healthy people give WNV infected blood to the Red Cross who put it into ailing people and they have serious problems.  They are threatening to shut down blood services in Ontario until they can get a handle on WNV.

Off topic sorry....  Let your cats out, protect fruit and your health. (smile)

Later,
Tom

John Barbowski wrote:

Speaking of mortality, studies in Great Britain have shown that the domestic cat reduced song bird populations in urban areas by as much as 50%!