nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Groundhogs

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucehansen@ACD.NET>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Groundhogs
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:31:27 -0400

Hey:

All of this discussion about killing animals, so called varmits, red misting
them, poisoning them, lock and load, is interesting. Very male and macho. I
take my position from my neighbor who lives down river from me. He is a big
fellow with steely gray eyes, many rifles and several hand guns. He has
killed much bigger prey than ground hogs Yet for control of ground hogs and
raccoons he uses electric fence. It is cheap and effective. To protect trees
he uses tree tubes, again cheap and effective. I use his methods, they work.

From my experience, animal hunters are a far bigger problem to me than these
so-called varmits. If one can't give life, one should, perhaps, not be so
anxious to take it away. On another note, perhaps the real problem is
humans. They breed too much. There are too many of them!

Bruce