nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Groundhogs

  • From: "Greg or Marie Jordan" <mgjordan@concentric.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Groundhogs
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:51:10 -0600

For the first time in the last 15 years I've used an electric fence to keep
the coons out of my corn they started to raid it regularly. After a week of
struggling with the problem I finely found the solution. Due to the
drought this year I ran out of ditch water 8/17/02. The ground is that dry
it would not conduct enough electricity to shock anything. The solution was
to water under and just outside the fence every night or two. Three nights
and they start to get in again.

Greg Jordan
Longmont, CO