msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR first aid saddle bag

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR first aid saddle bag
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:46:23 -0700

I think you'd find that in most of the country EMT+ is preferred for a field medical responder such as Fire or ambulance. First Responder (used to be Advanced First Aid) is a common level of training for law enforcement.

-Jorene

----- Original Message ----- From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
I am in SE PA. First Responder (oxygen module optional) is now taught by the
Red Cross, as is a 16 hour wilderness first aid course. I am certified to
teach both (and update my CPR-Pro/AED instructor on the 17th). The EMS
regions for the most part have stopped teaching first responder at their
training facilities and now sanction only EMT and Paramedic.