msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR first aid saddle bag

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jacobs, David D" <davjacobs@state.pa.us>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR first aid saddle bag
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:46:08 -0400

I was required to take the First Responder course as a result of a transfer
from Bureau of Parks, to Bureau of Forestry.

It's too bad that you are in the SE. I work Bald Eagle State Forest, in
Central PA. I tried to spark an interest in some type of mounted unit. None
of the other rangers at my district are interested. I even have a contact
with the PSP mounted unit that offered to help with training. Of course
mounted SAR would just be one aspect. I was looking more toward a mounted
enforcement patrol.