msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] WEEDS, SEEDS, etc

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Claudia LaChance" <Claudia@tqc.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] WEEDS, SEEDS, etc
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:29:26 -0500

I often ride in the local neighborhoods, especially when the time is short to ride. We live in an over developed area with lots of city folk who believe that living in the "country" means NOT having to see or smell or "GOD FORBID" run over a poo pile in the road. A month ago my daughter and I were stopped for social time with 3 young kids. While they were petting our horses a woman screeched to a stop behind I us. Frankly I thought she might hit us.
Turns out she was one of those above people and began to scream (yes scream) that we were dirty rotten people for allowing our dirty filthy diseased horses to poop on her road. Our township does have a loose requirement to clean up our poo. In 15 years they have never enforced it.
She scared the dickens out of those three 8 yr olds and ticked me off. Finally I told her to take a hike after I was polite for too long. I did some research and came up some very interesting literature.
I googled something like "health risk to humans, horse manure" and came up with a study done about how it's NOT a risk. In fact it's the least dangerous.

Claudia LaChance
www.horseaddiction.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Nesbitt" <spanishequines@yahoo.com>