msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Feeding SAR horses certified weed free

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: John Wilkins <wilkey34@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Feeding SAR horses certified weed free
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:37:41 -0800 (PST)

Here is a company that sells the certified weed free
from Mountain Sunrise Feed at
http://www.mountainsunrise.com/ it is a very good feed
for regular feedings also, here it cost about 7.70 for
a 50 lbs bag, but this saves me money in the long run
for my 1000 lbs horses she gets 4lbs of the pellet
which come in different mixes I use the
Bermuda/alfalfa and 1 lbs of safe choice per feeding
and it averages out to about $45-50 a month per horse
and with the safe choice I don't have to add any other
supplements to the feed, right now during the winter
the horses get the 5 lbs mix in the morning and a 5
lbs flake at night still cost about the same and I
will do a change during the summer and they get the
flake in the morning and the pellet at night and the
800-900 lbs horses gets 3 lbs of pellet and 1 lbs of
safe choice per feeding unless they are going to have
a work out that day I will add 1 lbs more of the safe
choice to the morning feeding and the horses do really
well

John Wilkins

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com