msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:30:11 -0600

Jorene wrote:
>Committee members are already SARTECH II certified or equivalent

Jorene misses my point, which is that in order to write material
to be used for instructing and evaluating students, the authors
would benefit from being themselves students in the same system.
Having experience in SAR to the level of a SARTECH II is not the
same thing as having experience taking (or delivering!) a NASAR
SARTECH II course and exam.

None of the NASAR MSAR committee are NASAR instructors, right?
Any plans to change that in the near future? I think it would
benefit us all if there were.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico