microid - Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Yaniv Golan" <yaniv AT yedda.com>
  • To: <microid AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:24:30 +0200

Why not go with the uF spirit, and mandate that this information
should be inserted by the controlling party in a human readable
format:

microid:sh1:hash-number">any text here - e.g. "My ID"</a>

I am not very comfortable myself with the uF philosophy - I don't
really see human-readability as a must-have in most cases, and I find
that it actually forces some strange user interface compromises. The
transparency goal can be achieved in other ways (browser awareness for
one).

But since uF has a good momentum, and it's a good (set of) spec(s), I
feel that it'd be best to align with it instead of missing the
opportunity to get wide adoption for MicroIDs, which are a brilliant
idea IMO :)

Yaniv

--
Yaniv Golan