microid - Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter AT jabber.org>
  • To: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:53:30 -0700

Fred Stutzman wrote:

>>> Frankly, I don't think that microformats.org has much to offer MicroID.
>>> At the end of the day, after whatever hoops uF's makes you jump through,
>>> you've got exactly 0 more microids published in the world. Any energy
>>> that went into getting it adopted by microformats.org would be far
>>> better spent getting it adopted by Myspace, Friendster, Wikipedia,
>>> Yahoo, dot dot dot.
>>
>> You're probably right.
>>
>> But would it help to write up a slightly more formal spec so that
>> developers can grok the concept?
>
> I agree as well. I think the first step is to get a clearly documented
> spec that we agree on - if MF community wants to accept that's fine, but
> it is certainly no dealbreaker if they don't.
>
> In talks to Yahoo, they wanted a spec. They didn't ask for the MF
> community's recognizance. Maybe it is time to start documenting the
> spec? This has been on my todo list for way too long.

Mine too. Not sure about you, but I don't typically work on something
until I've been poked a few times so that I know there's real interest.
I think we can consider ourselves poked. :-)

Since I'm the spec writer around here, I would be happy to work up an
initial spec (probably using the RFC format) soon. How about I commit to
the end of next week?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre