microid - Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
  • To: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:59:06 -0500

On Tue, 2006-28-11 at 11:47 -0500, Fred Stutzman wrote:

> I agree as well. I think the first step is to get a clearly documented
> spec that we agree on - if MF community wants to accept that's fine, but it
> is certainly no dealbreaker if they don't.
>
> In talks to Yahoo, they wanted a spec. They didn't ask for the MF
> community's recognizance. Maybe it is time to start documenting the spec?
> This has been on my todo list for way too long.

I think one of the trickiest parts about MicroID is the semantics. If
there is a microid on a page, what does that _mean_?

If I had to summarize it, I'd say that a MicroID was an assertion by the
party in control of that section of the page (either the <head> or a
smaller element) that the agent identified by the first URL has a
relationship with the resource identified by the second URL. That
relationship could be any of:

* Resource describes Agent
* Agent is creator of Resource
* Resource is an identifier for Agent