microid - Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
  • To: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:16:18 -0500

On Tue, 2006-28-11 at 08:54 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Fred and I have been talking about writing up the microid spec for a few
> months now but we're both so busy that we haven't gotten to it yet. :(
> Another issue is that microid is not quite like the other microformats
> out there, but I think that would be OK with the microformats folks.

I think that it goes against the core philosophy of microformats.org --
that semantic information should also be human-readable. It's not an
idea I share, but it's something they hold onto pretty tenaciously.

Frankly, I don't think that microformats.org has much to offer MicroID.
At the end of the day, after whatever hoops uF's makes you jump through,
you've got exactly 0 more microids published in the world. Any energy
that went into getting it adopted by microformats.org would be far
better spent getting it adopted by Myspace, Friendster, Wikipedia,
Yahoo, dot dot dot.

-Evan

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>