microid - Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Eran Sandler <eran AT yedda.com>
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:47:17 -0500 (EST)

Hey Eran,

The answer is pretty much that we haven't started the formal microformats process. MicroID is a nontraditional microformat, but in discussion I've had with some core microformats folks, they seemed to be OK with the idea. I "formally" pitched the idea to the mf list months back, so we can start adding microID to the microformats wiki (as per the microformats process).

So I think the only thing stopping us is inertia.

With regards to Technorati, I agree completely. They could easily architect a ClaimID-like verification system and automatically verify blog ownership with MicroID. It really is beautiful in that sense.

Fred