microid - Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter AT jabber.org>
  • To: eran AT yedda.com
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID.org and Microformats.org
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:54:03 -0700

Eran Sandler wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> Is the microformats process that bureaucratic? :-)

To me it's a bit odd. But then again I've been working through the IETF
standards process for years, so I'm accustomed to something a lot more
formal and well-defined.

> I think that appearing on the microformats Wiki and having a big more
> publicity will only help MicroID's adoption.
> Anything I (or other) can do to help? :-)

Fred and I have been talking about writing up the microid spec for a few
months now but we're both so busy that we haven't gotten to it yet. :(
Another issue is that microid is not quite like the other microformats
out there, but I think that would be OK with the microformats folks.

Peter