market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gra...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gra...
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:52:04 -0400

Deb,
Sooooooooooooooo True. As I move toward the scam certification I am thinking only of  increasing my marketing options.
In the book "Is it organic" I read that 80% of the produce sold in the US under the USDA certified label is imported and that 1% of imported produce is inspected. It's like the EPA today, the flexible flier.
If you speak with a certifier (whose livelihood depends on getting people in) they will assure you it is righteous.
I believe the only safe food is locally grown organic.
My opinion.
Todd Lister
Vesta Ga