market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Summer lettuces (was What will you be planting this month?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Summer lettuces (was What will you be planting this month?)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:39:18 +0000

The best we have found is Jericho, a large framed green romaine. All others
that we have tried, no matter what their descriptions say about heat
tolerance, have gotten bitter before growing large enough to sell in our
south central Kentucky summers.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

Sent from my iPad