market-farming - [Market-farming] Farming Advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "McCormick, Rebecca (Genworth)" <Rebecca.McCormick AT genworth.com>
  • To: "'market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farming Advice
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:58:42 -0400

Hello –

I have 10 acres and I am very interested in using this land to generate extra income through farming. I have no farming experience what so ever and I would like to begin with a low investment, so I will need to start out with something easy to manage. I live in Central VA (Appomattox) and we have red clay soil . I was thinking about starting out with just a few pigs and maybe some chickens. My husband and I have built 3 raised beds to start with. I would appreciate any ideas, suggestion and good websites and resources that anyone may have found helpful in guiding them when they first started out.

Rebecca McCormick
Compliance Coordinator
Genworth Financial
700 Main Street
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Phone: 1-434-948-5775
Fax: 1-434-948-5772
E-mail: rebecca.mccormick AT genworth.com
Mailstop 3-037