market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farming Advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farming Advice
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:57:34 -0400

This is a great resource. I have just started raising heritage pigs, these are the most enjoyable animals I have ever been around. Very smart, and I think better than dogs. I have chickens, that has been such a rewarding experience also. I have been farming for about 6 years, and never before that. I don’t have fancy equipment, and do with what we have. I started out with clay, now I have very sandy soil. IT is all a learning experience.

Chickens and pigs  make great compost. You can always find someone to help out if you go on vacation. Good Luck, farming is great, very hard, but truly rewarding!!

Sue

Vermont