market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Square up

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Square up
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:08:40 -0600

Have not done a comparison, but you didn't miss anything -- this is a niche
that is heating up…
<http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/09/smallbusiness/iphone_credit_card_swipe_wars/index.htm>
<http://www.mobilemag.com/2011/01/11/free-credit-card-readers-for-small-business-owners/>
<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swipe-credit-card-terminal/id309329440?mt=8>

Not sure when the first one hit the market, but this is the first article
(from what I knew to be a reputable source, anyway) I saw on the topic
<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/technology/personaltech/30pogue.html?_r=1>
.

I've not heard much on the other offerings so far, would love to hear them as
well. As I've stated in previous posts, we went with Square, but have not
actually used it yet. We plan to use common sense and proceed with caution
in accepting payments with it till we're confident we won't have any problems
with it. We don't _expect_ any problems, rather we're just treating it as we
would using any other new technology that involves money, bank accounts, etc.

Laurie
NE TX where winter has passed for the moment and we're barreling on into
Spring