market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Square up

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <marketfarmshoptalk AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Square up
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:22:21 -0500

> At some markets, however, it may make a difference.

Our market moved so fast that even walking the 1 block to the nearest ATM meant alot of stuff was sold out (our stand included) by the time the person got back.  So it can make a difference.

I did a little research online.  Seems some larger markets are setting up to accept credit/Debit/Ebt cards, and giving out wireless portable processing units to the vendors. Each vendor must apply & be accepted by the processing company.  Something else to mention to your market administration.

Liz Pike