market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing Small Grains for CSA and Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing Small Grains for CSA and Market
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:44:20 -0500

Thank you Robin for the website.

Dr. Heather Darby is a very wonderful person, very intelligent and very dedicated to her work, and a great farmer.

Sue

Vermont

There's an increasing interest in growing grains in Maine and Vermont. I learned of it a couple of days ago. It's the Northern New England Local Bread Wheat Project.  There might be something on the website that's helpful.

There has been a grain growing workshop in Jacksonville, ME for the past two years. It was held in late July. If anyone is interested in this please let me know and I'll find out if it's going to be held again this year.

Robin