market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Red pine [was: clearing land cost?]

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: michelle rome <michelleann7 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Red pine [was: clearing land cost?]
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:23:56 -0700 (PDT)

Richard you Wrote:
"Does anyone have a good suggested farm use for red pine, currently 8-12" in
diameter? It's time they went, I think, but I can't quite figure out what
they are good for."

Richard
Down here in the south - that size would make nice corner posts - at least
the 8" pines could be cut, peeled and treated then used. Consider having the
12 " peeled, split in half and used for posts. another ideas is to half the
12" squared by a band saw and have them used as retaining wall timbers. 12"
would make good raised bed material half lapping the corners when you install
them in a rectangular arrangement.

Hope these ideas help you.
Michelle Hromyak
Romy Farms