market-farming - [Market-farming] Hail Damage and Broccoli, Radishes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hail Damage and Broccoli, Radishes
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 21:20:31 -0700 (PDT)

We had hail pass through our area on Thursday night. While it wasn't big (pea to marble) it did do some damage.  There was enough hail to cover the ground. How much damage can broccoli and radishes take?  The broccoli hasn't started to head out, thank goodness, so I am sure it will be delayed some now.  I am not concerned with the radishes but the broccoli is important.

Here are some pictures of the before and after.  http://highfarming.blogspot.com/2010/05/oh-hail.html  While they might not look bad on Friday, they looked worse today.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More