market-farming - [Market-farming] Cover Cropping beds and perpetual spinach

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nancy" <nstumpf AT centurytel.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cover Cropping beds and perpetual spinach
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 21:14:04 -0500

I’ve used a lawn spreader to spread clover, buckwheat and winter rye on single beds. Also, responding to another thread, Perpetual Spinach worked out very well for me last summer.  I noticed it even overwintered here in SE Wisconsin because we had snow cover for much of the winter.  Actually kale, carrots, leeks, turnips and rutabaga all made it through the winter.

Nancy

SE WI