market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting leggy Zucchini into High Tunnel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting leggy Zucchini into High Tunnel
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:08:48 -0400

I often transplant cukes without problems, although best is transplanting starts in peat pots before too many roots have come through the pot.   Zucchini I've only transplanted in peat pots...also no problem.  But I've never tried planting either deeper than they originally were.  I grow cukes on trellis and would guess that in that context anyway a longer stem wouldn't matter.

Good luck and best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm
Organic Produce