market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Spuds in Boxes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Spuds in Boxes
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:55:07 -0400

Good morning Allen,
Some really nasty stuff can leach from tires and if your wood is treated, it
too.

I've got a buddy who uses a leaf vac in the fall and dumps piles where he
wants to grow taters in the spring. He shoves his seed taters into it in the
spring and has excellent results. Really easy to dig, no hilling, and turns
under into the soil after harvest.

Thanks,
Farmer Breck
Breck Carden