market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting leggy Zucchini into High Tunnel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting leggy Zucchini into High Tunnel
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 01:27:51 GMT

Jay,
I transplant all of my squashes and cucumbers. Or, at least until it gets too
hot to seed things in the greenhouse. We go directly to the field with ours,
and we hope for a calm day. The wind will whip those leggy plants around and
snap off stems if we aren't super careful. Other than that, we plant as
usual, no deeper. My plants always go from being too small to set out to
gigantic seemingly over night. We used to use peat pots, but now we start
them in either a 50 cell plug tray or a 72 cell speedling. They do fine
either way.
Carla
Perkins, OK