market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pea Weavil?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Don Lareau" <dlareau AT tds.net>
  • To: <bobbett AT windstream.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pea Weavil?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 06:43:03 -0600

You can check the seed and find little holes where the larva has crawled in and if there is no weevil in your area it is worth checking.  Last I heard there was no organic answer to pea weevil infestations.  This is why certified organic pea seed can be hard to come by some years and on the expensive side.  I forgot to check the seed this year, but am still not sure what it looks like or if there is anything new that can be done…

Zephyros Farm and Garden

Daphne Yannakakis and Don Lareau

11466 3725 Rd.

Paonia, Co. 81428