market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tips on efficient filling and seeding of trays?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tips on efficient filling and seeding of trays?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:16:48 -0500

Greetings,

Like others, I use a big concrete mixing pan if I am mixing coir into my compost. I have 30"x36" rabbit trays, that have a lip of about 2" on the side. I set out a couple of trays at a time, fill with a big scoop but I use a kitchen tool for picking up veggies to level rather than a brush. It gets my trays nice and level and fits in my hand very easily. I can fill 20 trays in about 10 minutes, so I do find it convenient.
Bright Blessings,
Kim