market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tips on efficient filling and seeding of trays?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <liz AT marketfarmshoptalk.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tips on efficient filling and seeding of trays?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:51:49 -0400

Andy Fellenz wrote:
Get one of these from Gro-Mor: http://www.gro-morent.com/gro-mor.htm . It works well with most small to medium size seed.
I concur with the Vibro Handseeder. I got one last year and it was soo much faster seeding plug trays & cells than the little seeder you're working with. The vibration is adjustable so you can control how many seeds are dropped and at what distances. It seeds so fast it's best to get several plug trays/cells prepped beforehand. We have a single tray vacuum seeder which worked well, but I was constantly using the vibro--well worth the money.

Liz