market-farming - [Market-farming] Clamshells for edible flowers and herbs?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Clamshells for edible flowers and herbs?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 22:48:48 -0400

We sold violets and redbud flowers last year, in individual ziplock
bags. Would like to pack these in clamshells this year, to prevent
bruising and to make packing and display easier.

Am considering a rather flat, rectangular clamshell, such as is used for
herbs.
For small flowers (and herbs such as basil), should I buy vented or nonvented?
Pints or half-pints?

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
Castlewood, SW VA

  • [Market-farming] Clamshells for edible flowers and herbs?, Richard Moyer, 04/05/2010