market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Florida Weave (and some Pumpkin info)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Florida Weave (and some Pumpkin info)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:07:02 -0400

Propane torch like a plumber uses.  I sue the same torch to burn out Tent caterpillars.  :)

It is important to note that if you have dried biomass underneath the fabric it will burn sometimes.  Be careful and use common sense.  The holes for just about any transplant are about 2 to 3" across.  I have not found weeds to be an issue especially if you till the bed prior to transplant.  I transplant before our last frost because the thermal gain from the black much on such a large area is simply amazing.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855