market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Florida Weave

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Florida Weave
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 01:54:46 GMT

We stake and weave just like Harriet says, except we use rebar in between
plants. T-posts on each end of the row, and since our rows are long we put
another t-post in about every 15 plants or so.
Personally, I hate it! Cages are so much easier. Put them on and your done.
It's a little more work upfront I suppose, but it sure beats trying to find
the time to go tie tomatoes when a million other things need to be done.
We're doing about 650 tomatoes this year, and we have cages for 500. So...
Unless I can get more cages made between now and then, we'll be staking and
weaving.
And, just for fun, the weatherman says to expect blizzard like conditions on
Saturday!
I've got half the potatoes planted, and the other half will have to wait.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Weight Loss Program
Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!