market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Florida Weave (and some Pumpkin info)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Florida Weave (and some Pumpkin info)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:36:30 -0500

Greetings,
We just slice an x in the fabric, then put it back so no weeds can come up beside the plant, but everthing I put in landscape fabric is transplanted. If you burned a hole, can you direct seed?
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Jay Sleichter wrote:
I don't know what Richard uses, but I saw someone burning holes in plastic/landscape fabric with a tin can. The attached a tin can to a stick, probably a screw through the bottom and had a big torch that they used to heat it up. It was one of the wand torches attached to a grill bottle. Need a different sized hole, get a different sized can.

Very simple idea and it looked like it worked nice. As I said this is something that I saw, I have not used it.