market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: growbd AT aol.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tomatoes
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 02:00:45 +0000

Hi Richard.

The Westchester Land Trust started a program this winter to match growers
with landowners. The lease is for NO $$...! That is a pretty fair price,
eh? Around these parts the folks who have open land are most often on the
wealthy end of the spectrum, so ag prices are really meaningless amounts to
them. The man who owns the land I'm using believes in local agriculture and
is excited about having fresh vegetables in his backyard.

I can't imagine ever being able to buy land in this area, so I'm really
grateful for the help of the Land Trust in finding the right spot.

Glad to give Inquiring Minds the scoop!

Deb