market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ice storm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ice storm
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:31:42 GMT

Breck,
Right now we are keeping the greenhouse at 55-60 at night. Of course during
the day, with sunshine it gets much warmer and I'm running exhaust fans to
keep it cooler. I've wondered if I'll able to get my pickup back to the
greenhouse to load flats into, and covering with the heavy duty row cover to
at least keep the sleet off. I don't remember how many speed lings I can fit
in the bed, maybe 10? Or, if I would be better off to carry them two at a
time to the house?
As soon as this is over I'm buying a generator just to have as a backup. I've
got enough plants at this point that it would a significant loss for us.
Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice,
Carla, OK

Banking
Click here to find the perfect banking opportunity!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=L2KfL67zAcs8IMhPqyYNAgAAJz1IpEJmPFxVJyqaeAXGqH-MAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXeAAAAAA=