market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:16:13 -0500

On Jan 28, 2010, at 7:23 PM, saladg AT aol.com wrote:

We use those heaters when we do winter camping.  You can get them at places  like Bass Pro, Cabela's or they are even in Northern Tool Co.  Use them when we Ice fish for heating up our hut.

Phil from Iowa.

I used to take scout's our in the winter for freeze out camping trips,  was a total blast.

Does anybody know whether I can run a Kerosun heater in a small, otherwise unheated, greenhouse? (8' x 8', vented only by imperfect fit of cover and/or by opening doors or rolling up bottom of sides.) I don't start using it till well into the spring, but we do occasionally get cold temperatures after that, and the Kerosun is what I have around -- I've been dealing with this up to now by schlepping things back into the house for the night, bringing them in just before the temperatures drop too low.