market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] marking pens that don't fade

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sheila Payne <srp75 AT msn.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] marking pens that don't fade
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 08:42:26 -0700

I also use pencils and mini blinds....I understand the visibility issue with pencils and older eyes...so I use a big pencil...not sure where it came from, but it reminds me of the ones I used in 1st grade....the lead is bigger in diameter and it is a #1 (most you hae at home are probably a #2 or #2.5).  The graphite is softer in a number one so the bigger diameter lead and the softness makes an easier to read mark. I think a carpenter's pencil would also work.  I use the paint markers on my trays and pots ....they worked great as I am notorious at losing tags from transplant trays.