market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouses and snow

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouses and snow
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:21:37 -0500

I mostly go inside and put my hip or back up against the side plastic and push it out 3 to 4 inches. Sometimes I’ve had to sit on the ground and lean back to do it, sometimes push sideways. That also gives an air space to get my hands or shovel in to go ahead and remove the snow. Usually it is packed enough that I can just grab big chunks and throw/lay them aside.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY

Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe