market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming] planting calendar wish AND mappingtool wish

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming] planting calendar wish AND mappingtool wish
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:48:33 -0600

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:30:52AM -0500, Allan Balliett wrote:
> >I do find that Sharpie on plastic lasts about a year exposed to sun and
> >weather.
>
> Willie - Just for my sanity: are you talking "Sharpie" or "Industrial
> Sharpie"? We use both types and we had A LOT of plastic tags fade
> before the season was over this year. Your ideaa is genius, really!

I've never seen "Industrial Sharpies"; just regular office supply store
Sharpies. I do have to admit that I haven't used Sharpies in the field
for many years; it is just my recollection that they last about a year
in the open. About 6-8 years ago, I put out some peach trees with the
3/4" pipe over 1/2" and marked both the 1/2" and the 3/4". It is my
recollection that the 3/4" markings lasted about a year; they probably
did get some shade.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 726 days 6 hours 36 minutes