market-farming - [Market-farming] Driveway and parking areas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiener, Benjamin L CPT NG NG FORSCOM" <benjamin.l.wiener AT us.army.mil>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Driveway and parking areas
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:00:07 +0300

I'm starting a new berry farm and I am wondering how others handle parking
for on farm market sales. I am starting from corn stubble in a field with a
field access on one end. I'll get a permit for an additional road access
from the main highway. Has anyone used the reinforced grass products? They
come in rolls and you install them over turf or new seedings and the plastic
mesh reinforces the sod once established. I was thinking that instead of
gravelling over driveway and parking areas, I would use the reinforced
plastic turf for parking. I plan on having both PYO and pre picked berries
throughout the summer (once established). Here is a link to one
manufacturer:
http://www.boddingtons.us/ground-reinforcement/turf-reinforcement-mesh.htm

If you have any ideas for an "instant driveway" I'd sure like to hear them!

Ben Wiener
Ben's Berry Farm
Z3b MN