market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Germination/ Maturation Days

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Germination/ Maturation Days
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:41:49 -0600

And, the final thing to remember is that it is an estimate, in a particular place, in the best growing season.  We find, for instance, in Kentucky, that seeds from Johnny's have an actually DTM (Days to Maturity) that is several days fewer in the prime growing season.  And, in spring and fall, DTM will be significantly different because of day length.  We have started tracking ACTUAL DTM on our crops so we can plan better.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm