market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pinpoint seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynn AT pcisys.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pinpoint seeder
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 08:17:02 -0700

I’ve been eyeing the six-row pinpoint seeder from Johnny’s especially for use in our hoophouse – I keep getting things planted too thickly! I would need to get the extended range shaft as well, so it’s $650.  We’ve been at one acre cultivated and 30x100’ hoophouse, but are expanding this year and just getting beyond the do everything by hand stage.   Besides the fact that I have 4 boys that would lots rather run a tool or machine!

I’d appreciate any feedback on the seeder – good or bad.  Also has anyone used it on real short rows – I’m thinking between the path and edge of the hoophouse where I’ve got about 4’ beds to go short rows, but maybe it would work better going lengthways.

As always, thanks to the great list!

Marcy

SE Colo – headed to 70 today but still dry