market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Germination/ Maturation Days

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Germination/ Maturation Days
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:49:47 -0800

And a final thing after all final things. GDD. growing degree days. It takes around 1350 gdd for early corn to mature. that may take 50 days or 90 days depending where you live. One year I had 90 day silver queen corn ripen 65 days from seeding, that was a hellachiously hot year...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.