market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] greenhouses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] greenhouses
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:59:13 -0500

My suggestion, if you want to use wood, would be a wood boiler, not a wood stove.  Benefits include it being outside the structure with piped hot water,  easier to regulate temperature, more heating options (blower, radiator, convection floor runs, even heating beds), more efficient, and safer.

We use our wood boiler to heat the farm house, attached office, dry corn and soybean, and next year, work our honey house (to help dry honey and increase the temperature a bit to help in bottling, and wax rendering).

Cheers!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio